Thank you for your registration to the following professional development presented by the Family Child Care Association of Maine:
If you have trouble accessing please let us know. We have checked the links, but there is always a chance for a glitch.
FCCAM Professional Learning Committee
You will need to complete the reflection activity before your certificate of training can be sent to you.
Reflection Activity: After viewing this webinar you will need to submit information on how you have used information shared in the webinar, Gardening In Your Family Child Care: How to Maximize Your Tax Write Off. Examples:
- Documentation, showing how you are tracking your non-reimbursed meals
- Pictures of how you are storing your gardening surplus or great deals you purchased at the store!
- Write a brief paragraph about something you have been inspired to set up from the material and resources provided through this webinar to improve your program.
Submit Reflection Activity to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Resources to Support Webinar:
- https://happyhooligans.ca/best-homemade-tomato-soup-recipe/ I have used this recipe with both fresh tomaotes, and I have made it with my freezer tomatoes.
- https://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/gardens/garden-to-table/freezing-your-cherry-tomatoes I only tried freezing my cherry tomatoes, literally just rinse, pat dry, freeze on a baking sheet, once frozen transfer to a bag
- I didn’t have a recipe for my tomato sauce, I just washed and quartered and placed it in my crockpot. I added several garlic cloves and a splash of olive oil, and some Italian seasoning mix (1-2 tablespoons, depending on how many tomatoes you have.) I let it cook on low all day. A few hours in I added 2-4 T of rice. This will help thicken your sauce. At the end of the day, I pureed using a hand blender right in the crock pot.
Freezing Zucchini ~
- I shredded, placed in a container and froze raw. Label container with amount and date.
- You can steam and then puree. Again, make sure you label the container with amount and date.
- https://kirbiecravings.com/parmesan-zucchini-tots/ I made these with fresh zucchini, baked and then put in the freezer.
- https://ifoodreal.com/healthy-zucchini-bread/ I have used this recipe with pureed zucchini. I mixed everything without the applesauce first. If the batter is too thick, add applesauce as needed.
- https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/230227/monas-easy-refrigerator-pickles/ This recipe does not require cooking the brine first.
- https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233542/refrigerator-dill-pickles/ This is the recipie I used last year and the pickles were a hit!
- Rinse berries in a strainer, place on baking sheet, pat dry. Put the baking sheet in the freezer, once berries are firm (about 2 hours) place in a freezer bag. Always label your bag with contents and date prepared.